Town Clerk / Tax Collector / Marriage Officer / Notary /
Michele M. Smith
Tel: 585.494.1121 Ext. 21
Email: [email protected]
The Bergen Town Clerk’s Office takes great pride in serving the people in the community and works hard to give town residents prompt and courteous service. The Town Clerk and Deputy Town Clerks (Connie Kaufman, Susan Brownell, & Barb Fisher) look forward to helping Town residents with all their local government needs.
Some of the services the Town Clerk’s Office provides, include:
- Selling New York State Licenses (Dog, Conservation and Marriage).
- Issuing handicap parking permits (for Bergen residents only) .
- Collecting Town and County taxes. (January 1st – March 31st).
- Responding to Freedom of Information requests.
- Providing clerical services and record keeping for all Town departments.
- Performing state-required services for the election process Posting legal notices, filing and maintaining a book of local laws and maintaining minutes for support boards and committees.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 AM – Noon and 1:00 - 4:00 PM Saturday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Phone: (585) 494-1121 ext 21
Town Clerk Office Closing for 2019:
January 1st January 21st February 18th April 19th & 20th May 25th & 27th July 4th & 5th August 31st September 2nd October 14th November 11th & 29th December 24TH, 25th & 31st Closed on Thursdays
Town and County Tax Collection Notice:
The Town Clerk, Michele M. Smith will receive taxes for the Town of Bergen at the address below:
Bergen Town Hall P.O. Box 249 10 Hunter Street Bergen, New York 14416 * beginning January 1, through March 31 *
All unpaid taxes will be returned to:
Genesee County Treasurer County Building 15 Main Street Batavia, NY 14020 585-344-2550 Ext. 2211 * February 1st – 28th - 1% -March 1st - 31st - 2%- After March 31 *